[scribus] Autosave

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Oct 31 21:31:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:12:30 +0000 (GMT)
Dismore Marilyn <marsupialmouse1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> When you save a document, how do you keep it from adding an
> extra .autosave suffix each time? I've now got a document called
> name.autosave.autosave.autosave.autosave.autosave.

Perhaps an aside, but have you been doing previews of your work.

Notwithstand that question, something is indeed strange.

Firstly, start Scribus, File->Preferences->Document and ensure that
'autosave' is ticked. (it will be in your case)

Next, go to your file manager, that's windows Explorer if you are
using Windows, and find the relevant work files.

Is there a blah.sla as well as a blah.sla.autosave.autosave?

Is there a blah.sla.autosave.autosave(etc).sla file? IE, an autosave
file that has been turned into an sla file?

When you File->Open a Scribus document (.sla) does the open dialog show
'all files' or just the *.sla type of files

Now go to your file manager and rename the blah.sla.autosave.autosave
etc file to just blah.sla (unless you already have that file, in which
case, give it another name)

Open blah.sla, make a small change, save it and close it.

Does blah.sla still exist on you file manager? If so, open it and
satisfy yourself that it is the same file.

Next time when you come back to us, let's know what operating system
you are using as well as the version of Scribus that is installed.
(Help->About)

--
Owen