[scribus] Publishing a book on Scribus

Staffan Melin (Oscillator) staffan.melin at oscillator.se
Wed Oct 31 22:25:02 UTC 2012

Hi!

My experience comes from layouting a pocket book for print on demand
using Blurb.com.

Scribus is an excellent choice for this with one exception/problem: A
limit on the number of pages with linked text frames. I maxed out at
about 120 pages (text only), after that text editing became too slow.
But no problem, just split your book into several documents and merge
the print ready PDFs before sending them to the printer.

Read about some examples of what Scribus can do here:
http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/board,3.0.html

Good luck!

Staffan
SWEDEN