[scribus] Washed out color

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Sep 20 16:04:56 UTC 2012

hi david,

> If I export for screen/web the color in the resulting pdf looks
> right. I guess the problem is that my only installed printer is not a
> color printer. The pdf is intended to be printed on a color printer
> in another location, but I don't have the driver for that printer
> installed when I export the pdf, hence it is only using the
> information it has available.

on the one side scribus is not using your printer driver for creating a
pdf...

on the other side, depending on the icc color profiles you have chosed,
the conversion from RGB (i suppose all your picture are in RGB) to CMYK
(this is what you probably are getting when choosing the printer as a
target) will look better or worse on screen.

however, i just want to remind you, that your goal is probably not to
have a PDF that looks good on screen, but to have the correct colors
from the printer!

so, if you're using the color profiles, you should really make sure
that those are the correct ones and that they match the characteristics
of your printer.

hope that helps
a.l.e