[scribus] collecting for output

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Dec 6 00:18:16 UTC 2013

On 12/05/2013 04:14 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/05/2013 01:03 PM, Owen wrote:
>> Maybe the simplest way is to save into a FAT formatted memstick.
>>
>> It needs to be unplugged then replugged (mounted) for each user
>
> That depends on how you have things set up.  I'm running Fedora 19 and
> Xfce, and a mounted flash drive has r/w permission for all users.  If
> that's not true by default on your distro, you may be able to change
> it, if needed.

My guess is that they are not passing around a memory stick, more likely
sending this by some means or using sftp or having some kind of online
repository.

chmod will of course work, since the issue is not one of ownership but
allowing any user to read/write to the collect for output directory.

It's also worth upgrading to openSUSE 13.1, since it's now available,
and has Scribus 1.4.3

For people using Linux in some form, it's certainly a moment when
learning about the power of root, either through su or sudo, is a
wonderful thing to behold. root conquers all.

Greg