[scribus] Current Zoom Level

Ted Powell ted at psg.com
Thu Jun 13 01:25:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 10:57:25AM +0200, Ian Whitfield wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Is there a way to 'lock' the 'Current Zoom Level' (at the bottom left of
> the screen)??
>
> It is set to 100% by default and for my screen / publication combination
> I would like to set this PERMANENTLY, or for this file, to 90%.
> [...]

Is it good enough to have the *effective* zoom level be 90%, even though
the indicator reads 100% ?

If so, go to File > Preferences, then

Scroll down the left pane of the resulting dialog box until you get to
Display, and click on it.

Adjust the slider until 10 units on the scale on the screen lines up
with 9 units on your ruler held up against the screen. (This assumes
you had it set up correctly beforehand.)

Click OK.

--
Ted Powell <ted at psg.com>   http://psg.com/~ted/
In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree