[scribus] Importing multipage pdf in 1.5.0

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat Jun 22 17:07:45 UTC 2013

Le 22/06/2013 17:32, john Culleton a écrit :
> On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 16:35:16 +0200
> JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
>>> Must I import each page individually?
>>
>> Dont import the document, just open it.
>>
>> JLuc
>
> Alas got signal 11. the loading box opened at 66% completed, the
> blue rectangle in the lower box moves back and forth, and ultimately it
> quits.However on my next attempt I asked for and  did import 20 pages
> successfully. So the question now is, how many can I open at a time ?

I have allready opened some documents about 100 pages long.
In your case it might be a matter of lack of memory.
Scribus should detect the issue and warn "i have to stop there"
rather than hanging.

You can import a too big document in parts.
And if wished you can merge these parts.

> I presume 1.4.3 won't open pdf docs at all.

Doesnt it ? I thought it did badly.

JLuc