[scribus] Automagical date?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed May 8 12:35:51 UTC 2013

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de  asked:

> is there any way of producing an automagical date in a Scribus
> document
> such as "Version MM/YYYY"? I'm looking for something that is refreshed
> whenever I print/make a PDF of the document.

When I d/l'd the Scribus document for the Shapeoko assembly instructions, the date was inserted into it using a box which accessed (La?)TeX and contained the command \today (wrapped up w/ some other text).

Didn't work on my machine, since for some reason Scribus can't find my TeXlive/MacTeX installation.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer