[scribus] EBooks...

Upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sun May 12 16:15:21 UTC 2013

On Saturday, May 11, 2013 06:17:58 AM Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> > Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Mai 2013 um 17:25 Uhr
> > Von: Upscope <upscope at nwi.net>
> > Betreff: Re: [scribus] EBooks...
> >
> > > I briefly tried to build sigil 0.7x on Fedora, now that I could
> > > get
> > > qt5, but had various issues and gave up.
> > > I would suggest getting the older 0.62 and building it, which went
> > > on
> > > without problems. Also, Fedora now has a pre-built sigil in its
> > > repositories, so maybe Debian does too.
> > >
> > > Greg
> >
> > Just a comment:
> >
> > I did this yesterday after experiencing the qt dependence problem
> > Using 0.62 worked fine. It read a .pub file my wife had correctly.
> > I then used Calibre to convert it to mobi. Looks good waitting for
> > a report back if Kindle can read it. My wife is a writer and has
> > about 24 e-books on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. She has beed paying
> > someone to conver and format them. I'm trying to learn how to do it
> > from a .odt or .docx document.
>
> Now, that's easy: Use the latest LibreOffice and Calibre. Load an ODT
> or DOCX (or WPD, whatever) file into LO and use the writer2epub
> extension to export an EPUB file, Use Calibre to convert it into any
> other ebook format.
>
> Christoph
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net
I give this a try. I am working on a document of my own. All most done.
I'll see how it works. Just installed LO 4.0.3 earlier today. have
latest calibre. sigi is older version (0.6.2) due to dependency issue
with 0.7.x.

Russ
--
openSUSE 12.3(Linux 3.7.10-1.4-desktop x86_64)|KDE 4.10.3
"release 559"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce