[scribus] Saving pictures from clipboard

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Sep 10 10:04:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:42:49 +0200
Christian Pernot <christian.p at maps-system.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just made a test, pasting an image in scribus and editing the
> corresponding .sla
> Here's what I found in it :
>
> ... isInlineImage="1" inlineImageExt="png"
> ImageData="AAgAYnicdLsFVBzL2rYdzwQIEjS4BXd3gru7B3d3D+4Q3CFAcAvuEFwGd3cJDMPgLl9n73X22Wf9/9trGKnu6a6ueup+rrtqCJOXFXsPhw337Nmz9xLiworPniHMPnv2igP0Aig5TiPXA15eOgpKK...
>
> So Rolf seems to be right :)

> > > But where are they stored then? I pushed the .sla to Dropbox and
> > > copied it into another folder on my office computer, and the
> > > pictures are still there.
> > >
> > > On my laptop they existed - in that form - only as unstored
> > > working copies in the Gimp before, were copied into the clipboard
> > > and then inserted into the Scribus document.
> >

> > Would it be possible that you already had the images in the same
> > relative directory on your office computer?
> >
> > Otherwise black magic is at work :-)

OK, I apologise, you are correct.

Drag from the file manager and drop into Scribus, simply provides a
relative link to the image in the sla file

But copying from gimp into the clipboard and then pasting into Scribus
from the clipboard does indeed provide that isInlineImage="1"
inlineImageExt="png" ImageData ..  entry

Makes for a huge sla file, but nonetheless works.

Live and learn

--
Owen