[scribus] BUG: open 1.4.n file in 1.5.svn loses contour line and text reflows.

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Mon Apr 7 07:51:56 UTC 2014

I have a scribus 1.4.3 file with an image frame sitting on top of a text block.
The image block has NO extra contour line width set, although the contour line
itself is set so as to shift text directly behind the image. The effect is that
the last line of text is sent over to the next page, as "standard text flow"
because the last line of text just can't sit right next to the image itself.  I
hope this is clear? There is just the right amount of space between the last
text line and the image to force the text over to the next page without using
any extra contour line manipulation. So far, so good.

The problem is this. When I used 1.5.svn to open and export the book as
PDF/X-1a (for LSI compliance), there was a change, in that the text in one
chapter reflowed up one line, in one place, making the text pop back up one
page (just the one line of it), and now the text abuts the image directly
(instead of with the expected whitespace gap). I was not expecting this :\

I did not notice the change at first, as I had *assumed* the two versions of
the same program would not behave differently, and sent the file to the
printers. Naturally this is costing time to rectify now. This is perhaps my
mistake for not proofing a second time (sigh). However, perhaps someone could
put this on the list of things to look at/check/fix.

--
Ciao

Richard Foley

Supporting Naked Activities