[scribus] Good news about color palettes in 1.5.0

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Dec 1 17:32:55 UTC 2014

On 12/01/2014 11:11 AM, john Culleton wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 10:50:07 -0500
> john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
>
>> One of the annoying non-features in 1.4.5 and
>> earlier is that you can't switch palettes if a
>> document is open. Just for jollies I tried
>> switching palettes with a dummy document open
>> using last night's version of 1.5.0. It worked
>> just the same as when there was no document
>> open.
>>
>> Next I will test some other no-nos to see if
>> they will be yes-yeses in 1.5.0, like changing
>> page sizes etc. in mid stream. This would be
>> handy for multiple versions of the same book.
>> Stay tuned.
>>

> Actually the palette change just merged the two
> palettes. But this can be useful too.
>
> The change on the fly of the page size didn't work.
>
> Which begs the question: What is the best way to
> transfer the text of one document to another
> document of different dimensions? I can always
> save the raw text from a pdf using e.g., Acrobat
> Reader. But that way one loses all the text
> styles.
>
> Any suggestions?

A suggestion I would make is to make a copy of the document, then
redimension the page, after which you of course need to adjust sizes and
positions of objects and their contents as needed.

It's much easier using the European A series, where there is a
mathematical relationship between different sizes, maintaining the same
proportions.

Greg