[scribus] Printing in gray

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 20:08:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 7:43 PM, John Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:15:47 +0100
> Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to print from scribus, but it
>> will print only in gray for some reason (even
>> though all the options are clearly set for
>> colour printing). I even tried print
>> separation, but every page print in the right
>> place but in grey instead of the expected
>> color. Would you know what is the problem?
>> Note: I tried both Scribus 1.4.3 (from my Linux
>> Mint packaging system), and the dev version
>> from svn).
>>
>> As a side question, if I export a PDF in
>> PDF/X-3 with a CMYK output intent profile, and
>> using only CMYK colors, why when I print from a
>> PDF viewer, it does not correspond. As an
>> example, I had a bit of yellow in samples which
>> were supposed to be full cyan. How is that?
>> Would the problem be in the PDF reader which
>> make some translation to RGB perhaps? Or I
>> don't export the PDF the right way? Thanks!
>>
>> Jehan
>>
>> ___
>> Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
>> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
>> See also:
>> http://wiki.scribus.net
>> http://forums.scribus.net
>>
> Possibly there is a setting within your printer
> or within your printing software (external to
> Scribus). What is your printer make and model and

An old laser printer: HP color laserjet 2840.

> the software you are using to print the document?

Evince 3.10.3 on GNU/Linux 64 bit.

> Are you printing form withing Scribus or creating
> a pdf which you then print? What is the version

Since from Scribus, the document was always getting printed in gray, I
was exporting it to PDF, then printing it.

> of Scribus you are using and what OS?

I tried both Scribus 1.4.3 (pre-built in my distribution), and the dev
version (self-built) from svn.
OS: Linux Mint 17, 64 bit
Thanks.

Jehan