[scribus] Scribus 1.5 and wine

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 13:43:51 UTC 2014

Whilst testing Sribus using Wine compatibility layer seems like an
interesting idea (although I´m not sure word interesting caries the
intended semantical weight in this example) and definitely not something
you see every day, you probably want to test native build for given
platform. Scribus developers are really devoted to bringing Sribus to every
mayor and some minor operating systems. Sieze that opportunity.

Said that, I´m almost certain somebody somewhere is very curious how well
Scribus runs through wine on Linux. You have all the freedom to experiment.
Do share your findings!

Now, if you are trying to run native build and it does some runtime
wine-hocus-pocus nonsenses. It´s probably a time to reevaluate your system
libraries´ sanity. :)

Regards,
Vlada