[scribus] a warning, serving as a bouncer...

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Aug 17 12:05:48 UTC 2015

Dear a.l.e,

> there have been a few patches to suppress such pop-ups when running a>
script...

Are you saying, that I need to file a bug-report, to have another patch
made for the SVG-import warning when running a script? Or do I need to
somehow "apply" these patches? Where would I find them, please?

> all in all, most scripts run in a controlled environment and just>
ignoring the warnings is not the worst idea.

As the asking user pointed out, he cannot ignore the warning, as Scribus
is stopping his script until he confirms the pop-up-window by clicking
the OK button.

So in script-speak, how would you do this "ignoring"?

And what about my other question, whether the pop-up-warning is coming
up with every input? If it came up with every import, then the
"ignoring" might be more simple, I suppose. But what if - for certain
SVG-files - there would be no warning... ?

Could you (or other users) share a few more crumbs about your how-to,
please?

yes, I am still enjoying all this, even taking time to extend the
Python-colouring scheme for my preferred Editor to highlight "all things
Scribus" and "all things Tkinter"...

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin