[scribus] compiling 1.5.1

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Aug 21 18:29:53 UTC 2015

I use jluc's script to compile 1.51 (soon to be
1.6.0!) Two anomalies appear. First after
compiling via the script when I use the result I
get a fistful of messages concerning png files not
found. However the program runs ok with pngs
in place. One of the pngs allegedly not found is
the splash screen.

Second the splash screen never changes. It always
claims to be version 20339 released on July 25,
2015.

One of the many virtues of Jluc's script is that
alterations to fit individual needs are segregated
at the top. So here is my prologue taken from the
script that I run (ignore word wraparounds by my
mail program):
--------------------------
#!/bin/sh

# maksvn script creates folders for out of source build
# has command line options for really clean
#build, creating diffs and for svn update
# has various inline options to EDIT to fit your environnement

# sourcepath, qt library and destination folders can be set to user conveninence
# Note :sourcepath will later contain both the 'svn' subfolder
# and the 'build' subfolder
#('svn' receives svn repo clone, 'build' receive build objects)

# Set to user convenience
sourcepath=/usr/local/src/s151

# EDIT to fit your Qt install
qtpath="/opt/Qt/5.4/"
# qtpath="/usr/local/bin/Qt5.3.1/5.3"

# Default could be execdirpath=~/bin
# but so it got chances to be on SSD, it goes to /locabin
# EDIT to fit your exec folder
execdirpath=/usr/local/bin

# EDIT to fit your langage
mylang="en-us"

# EDIT to fit your cpu cores = possible parallel
processes cores=3

# EDIT postfix for executable
# when suffix is 15svn, executable will be scribus15svn suffix=151

# Uncomment and edit to compile an old revision or to not update
# OR use the -r 19232 option in the command line
# todo : specify as an commandline option
revision=""
# forlatest svn
#revision=20099
# to "update" to said revision
# revision="nomaj" or "noup"
# so as to prevent update

# More options for make, including -
usermakeopt=""
# usermakeopt="-B"

# End of user editable part

BTW I have no idea what option "-B" does.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press