[scribus] Solving Language Issues

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:15:07 UTC 2015

Moceap,
I'm acknowledging what you are saying about 'Qapplication'. I must admit
I'm out of my depth/scope when it comes to this. Though I have heard from a
few people here in this thread and on IRC that 'Qapplication' aka qt
internal renderer, is not considered to be good enough for scribus' needs.
More specifically: "it is meant for rendering on screens.. not at sub point
level accuracy.." So... I leave that further discussion to the experts.

Instead, I'd like to talk more about your work on RTL using Harfbuzz
and Fribidi
at:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:moceap/Scribus
BTW, there is also a patched build in your github repo:
https://github.com/moceap/scribus-test is that the above patched version?
Do you think that you can update your RTL patched version to be compatible
with the current 1.5svn trunk ? That would be really helpful so that others
could see the work you've done and encourage further development.

Cheers,
/Kunda