[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Oct 4 12:50:29 UTC 2015

On 10/04/2015 03:48 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> In this case the two menu items would, if I don't understand wrong, open
>>> more or less the same dialog window containig the same settings. One of
>>> them would allow you to edit the settings for the current document, the
>>> other would allow you to edit the settings for new documents.
>>>

>> Yes ! This is allready the case,
>>

> Really? I thought what we have today is:
>
> One menu item, that opens a different dialog depending on whether a
> document is open or not.
>
> What was suggested was:
>
> Two menu items, each open a different dialog, the same dialog no matter if
> a document is open or not (or maybe one of them is "grayed out" when a
> document is not open).

We have 2 items now -- File > Preferences  and File > Document Settings,
which have mostly the same, but slightly different settings. For
example, you can only change display size in Preferences and only change
Document Information in Document Settings.

Perhaps there might be a button to select "Apply these settings to all
future documents", selected by default for Preferences, but unselected
by default in Document Settings. This would not include Document
Information, of course, but might be a useful shortcut.

Greg