[scribus] Patch submitted for Command Line Arguments to be passed to python script

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Sep 13 20:13:17 UTC 2015

On 09/13/2015 03:15 PM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 13/09/2015 20:40, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
>> I still don't understand this in concrete terms.
>> Maybe just a simple example, passing one variable. The provided example
>> is much too complex.
>> Whatever happened to "Hello World!"?
>
> Here it is
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Command_line_scripts#Hello_world_script_with_arguments

But this example might not as well involve Scribus, since it doesn't
import or create a document, text frame, or anything within Scribus.

As far as I can tell from the example after that one, --python-arg is
passing tuples, which you then have to parse to assign.

If we imagine trying to automate a process where we want to pass a
number of variables and their values, this becomes a great deal of very
particular syntax on the commandline, and then a lot of parsing in the
.py file thereafter.

In the end, it seems like a demonstration of concept with little
practical use.

Greg