[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Sep 28 16:09:53 UTC 2015

At last I can go to:
Extras>Font Preview
 and get rid of fonts I don't need. And somehow (I don't
know how) I managed the change the default font
which used to be Adobe Blank just because that
came first in the alphabetic sequence,to Minion
Pro Regular at size 12 pts as the default for new
files.

I didn't want that size so I edited the
~/.scribus/scribus150.rc file to get the size I
wanted, 11 pts.

One more change and I will be happy with the font
settings. In any font style under Properties the
default vertical spacing is Fixed 15 pts. In my
use this makes no sense at all. I always change
this to automatic. But when I open a new file it
reverts to 15pts fixed.

How do I change that default? I can't find it in
he *.rc file.

I don't know how I managed to change the default
font for new files but at least I discovered
where the default font and the default point size
are stored, in:

~/.scribus/scribus150.rc

The saving of an sla file in compressed format
seems to work smoothly also.

Congratulations to the folks working on 1.5.1.
My major complaints in the font handling have
been fixed. Yay!

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press