[scribus] Text styles and text attributes - Re: scribus Digest, Vol 97, Issue 4

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Apr 9 14:45:12 UTC 2016

On 04/09/2016 10:21 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> This shouldn't be the case. My experience is very good with Scribus
> importing text formatting from ODT, and even better with importing
> styles from ODT. There must some explanation for this.

I just experimented with this in 1.4.7svn and 1.5.2svn and find no major
issues importing from ODT, with a file made in LibreOffice.

When I tried pulling a DOCX file into LO, then saving as ODT, then there
was poor carryover, but I wonder if there was something about the way LO
handles this. It seemed that it converted Times Roman to Liberation
Serif, but kept showing Times Roman as the font (and this is a Linux
computer that doesn't have Times Roman).

Then I tried Johannes's suggestion of importing DOCX to LO, then
exporting as RTF, and this seems to at least retain the character styles
when imported into Scribus, so this may be the way to go.

Greg