[scribus] Common cut sizes

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Sep 19 16:29:52 UTC 2016

hi

On 19/09/16 16:11, Patrick wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> This is my first post here. I am just getting started with Scribus. I am
> creating a dictionary of sorts for children that will have a child
> friendly respelling system so that they will know how to pronounce a word.
>
> I can probably use a variety of page sizes. I have reached out to
> printers in my local area to try and find out what is common and
> therefor cheap.
>
> It looks like Scribus defaults to A4. Would A4, 2 fold be the most
> common ? Are there other sizes that are more common? If this was A4, I
> would estimate a fairly large book, around 500 pages as the respelling
> system I have, takes up a great deal of space vs the adult versions such
> as IPA(international phonetic alphabet).
>
> Thanks for reading my post-Patrick

you correctly want to find out what is the most common size in your area...

but when you're asking for our help, you're not saying in which area you
are :-)

and it also depends on the type of book you want to produce and how you
will print it.

anyway, afaik the DIN A format is not always in use for books... even
outside of the US... but it depends much on the type of book...

ciao
a.l.e