[scribus] cribus not displaying characters

Judah Kleinveldt judahyodh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 14:32:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

Seems my first couple of emails dissolved into the ether? [ No it didn't,
apparently I did not send to the correct submissions list]. Hopefully third
try's the charm.

Anyway to get to the point.
I have a problem with Scribus not displaying a range of characters that are
part of the font's character set, the problem lies with characters from
U+1F600 to U+1F64F, does anyone know why Scribus doesn't load these
characters?

The fonts that I've used are Unifont and Dejavu, Dejavu is a system font on
Debian Jessie, I've attempted the same on 1.4.6 on Ubuntu 17.04 and ran
into the same issue, I'm guessing that I'll prob run into the same if I get
a nightly build on Ubuntu, I'll try that later this week to confirm.

When I search for one of the characters using guchamap on Debian and
charmap on Ubuntu, I can easily find them and the font file it belongs to.

I have a link to the .sla file in question and also a pdf with the fonts
embedded. Is this a bug?
Or can scribus not read from this set yet, seeing as I've tried this with a
number of fonts that do include the set?
I'm currently on Ubuntu 17.04 Using the 64 bit version of Scribus found in
the repo's.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B62CFMppEa98UnBFZ2hra2VIX0k

P.S. I created the .sla from Scribus Generator, would that be a factor to
consider?

Ta