[scribus] Overprint

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Jul 16 13:49:56 UTC 2017

On 07/16/2017 02:08 AM, Theo wrote:
> Where can I find  the setting for  "overprinting" for the whole document
> at once?
>
>  May be the translation in Dutch is not complete or they used another
> name ,  I only can find check mark  with F2 by Colons for just 1 frame,
> but  ii can't find  the setting for the whole document  at once in settings
>

> I am using W10, scribus 1.5.3.

Hi Theo,

As far as I can tell, this isn't possible as a setting.
A workaround to consider would be the following. With some playing
around, I see that when an object is set for overprinting, a variable
appears in the description of the <PAGEOBJECT>, called doOverprint="1".
So the workaround would be to edit the SLA file in a plain text editor
(like Notepad for example), and do a Search and Replace,
replacing:

gXpos=

with

doOverprint="1" gXpos=

It's a bit clumsy perhaps, but should be effective.

Greg