[scribus] fold marks?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jun 16 15:38:12 UTC 2017

On 06/16/2017 10:46 AM, ZASKE Martin wrote:
> In the past I had written that the ability to print the guides would
> help us with team-work, because we could print training template sheets
> for the various page-types in our magazine and mark dimensions etc.
>
> We had learnt back then about work-arounds. And I had mentioned that I
> like the way we can now arrange the stacking of the various elements.
>
> This is indeed esoteric and not our most pressing feature at the moment.
> And it does not fully help user Václav because a guide would still (so
> far) not carry folding, cutting or other information.
>
> Still the ability to print or not print the guides would be helpful with
> certain situations, because the management for the guides is nicely
> set-up already, so why not use guides for more purposes rather than
> drawing lines manually.

Hi Martin,

One thing you can do as a start anyway, is to modify your ExtractText.py
file as I show in the wiki:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Export_all_text#Adding_info_about_Guides

This also shows the syntax for capturing these values from a document.
Note that the contents of the list created by getHGuides() are floating
point numbers, which is why I had to do a string conversion for this
script. If you wanted to use the values to create lines, you would use
hguides[0], and so on.

Greg