[scribus] User Interface in Windows

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 07:51:25 UTC 2017

<<
What is bugging me a lot (in Windows 10, with all the recent Scribus
versions) is that positions and sizes of all sub-windows keep getting lost.

Usually positions and sizes (if held) are held in a preferences file
somewhere, not sure for Scribus and where it would be held in Windows
(and if it varies depending on versions of Windows).
But I have seen a number of issues with older programs on newer versions
of Windows, where that preferences file is not held in an area Windows
(no longer) lets a non Admin user write to and in a couple of cases some
"locked down" corporate units with further restrictions. So the
preferences file usually gets set up at installation time with defaults
because admin rights have been used to install the program but there
after it becomes a read only. Presumably someone with more knowledge of
Scribus can confirm where these preferences are supposed to be held.
Has it ever remembered size and positions on Windows?
If so which version(s) of Scribus on which version(s) of Windows.

<<
What I find especially nasty in Windows is that it does not
automatically refer mouse-wheel movements to the scrolling list the
mouse is over, but you have to click explicitly into the list before it
is able to read mouse events.

+1^2

K.