[scribus] font on top of ISBN barcode

Tornóci László torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Sat Sep 9 09:49:54 UTC 2017

Hi John,

On 09/08/2017 07:44 PM,  scrib at wexfordpress.com  wrote:

>   Scribus 1.5.3 does a fine job of creating an ISBN barcode block. However
> the human readable text on the top of the barcode is very faint on my
> computer. I would like to write this line in OCR-A font. I can of course
> overlay this line of text with a text block but I am looking for a more
> general solution. What works for me may not be convenient for other people
> when I write my book about Scribus bookcovers.
>
>   Question 1: what determines this font?
>   Question 2: Can I change this font of this string in some general way?
>
>   John Culleton

If the built in barcode generator doesn't produce the output you like,
you can always use an external generator and embed the result to
scribus. I am sure that is no news to you. I had very good results with
zint (https://zint.github.io/). It is quite configurable and available
for linux. You can use it with a graphic, interactive interface or with CLI.

Yours: Laszlo