[scribus] Version 1.5.3 not running nicely under OpenSuse Leap 42.3

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Sep 17 08:28:58 UTC 2017

hi martin

as you have noticed, emails did not get through
the mails for several days.

it's sunday morning, and i've tried to give you a few answers as fast
and efficient as possible...
but then, i will have to move over and prepare lunch for our guests!

> Sorry that this is a rather unhappy message. Even setting up a new
> layout computer is a hassle. But then finding our main tool so buggy
> happened on top of all that. Still we will never return to 1.4 because
> of the much better support for our local language from 1.5.3 onwards.

i think that if your business relies that much on scribus you should
try to have somebody who gives you support for scribus!

it would be wonderful if you could find somebody local who can get a
bit involved in scribus and help you achieve your goals!

on the other side, the scribus development version is a work in
progress and you will hit issues from to time.
you have been warned!

your feedback is already not bad, but you probably need to learn how to
report issues. if possible one at a time.
switching from unhappy messages, to constructive critiques with
detailed problem descriptions!

it will cost you time or money. or both.
but it might be worth...

let's work together to make a better scribus : - )

ciao
a.l.e