[scribus] Fwd: Re: Font subset question

benedek benedek_peter at upcmail.hu
Thu Sep 21 07:01:38 UTC 2017

Hi Greg.

Thanks for information! But there is a small problem.
I made the PDF/X-1a and this is included embedded fonts. The print house
told, some font not visible or instead of visible a wrong character.
I checked the PDF document a online PDF validator
(https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx), and it is told:

File    Dokumentum-2.pdf
Compliance    pdf1.3
Result    Document does not conform to PDF/A.
Details

Validating file "Dokumentum-2.pdf" for conformance level pdf1.3
The glyph for character 96 in font 'AxeHandel' is missing.
The glyph for character 221 in font 'AxeHandel' is missing.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document contains fonts without embedded font programs or encoding
information (CMAPs).
The document does not conform to the PDF 1.3 standard.
Done.

This behavior same all embedded fonts.
But if I change the output: "Save As PDF -- Fonts -- Fonts to Subset"
result:

File Dokumentum-2.pdf
Compliance    pdf1.3
Result    Document validated successfully.

Is this normal behavior?