[scribus] Image issues

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jan 3 17:28:40 UTC 2019

hi jluc

> Le 03/01/2019 à 09:52, ale rimoldi a écrit :
> > doing a "collect for output" each time i close my document, is
> > really not an option.
>
> This is very important for long-lasting safety of documents.
>
> I requested this to be optionaly checked  :
> https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12480
>
> And this is default included in my project management script :
> https://github.com/JLuc/scribus-project-manager/blob/master/slacheckimages

i am not sure, i understood what your statement means, but if did get
 right, you might want to have a look at

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-projectSummary

i did need it for a specific task some time ago, but i finally solved it
in a different way, so i'm not 100% in what state it is, since i've
never used it in production.
if i recall correctly, the README is correct and it can create a
yaml file containing the paths to all images in the document.

personally, i'd prefer to have a general tool like this plugin that
extracts a set of infomration from within scribus (like the yaml
file generated by the plugin) rather then fill the preflight verifier
with information that does not directly concern the print workflow.

with the right information in it, the file can be a very valuable
document that can be read by both humans and machines (further scripts).

contributions are welcome.

ciao
a.l.e