[scribus] Templates vs. master pages vs. (page styles)?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Sep 16 17:28:46 UTC 2020

> I'd like to be able to define a page format - optimally multiple - that I
> can pre-design and assign to a document and then apply as editable.  I
> think I've exhausted the obvious mechanisms, I apologize for the
> enumeration of the obvious but to save back and forth:

I can't see anybody has mentioned the scrapbook.

Design your page (place your frames etc). Select all objects on the page
and Send to scrapbook. The page design is saved as an item in the scrapbook.

Now, the key is to *not *drag and drop from the scrapbook when you want to
create a page with the design, but to *double-click* the entry. That will
insert the objects in the location they were when they were sent to the
scrapbook.

/Peter