[scribus] Paragraph Separator and Newline Both Showing as \r in Python

Silvain Dupertuis silvain-dupertuis at bluewin.ch
Fri Dec 31 13:42:55 UTC 2021

In my version (1.5.7), in Scribus code, paragraphs and newlines are encoded in XML,
not with Unicode characters, and it is the same if I enter the text manually or copy it
from a simple text editor.

<StoryText>
     <DefaultStyle/>
     <ITEXT CH="This is a paragraph up to this end-word."/>
     <para/>
     <ITEXT CH="This is a new paragraph, broken with a newline here"/>
     <breakline/>
     <ITEXT CH="until the end-word."/>
     <para/>
     <ITEXT CH="END"/>