[scribus] spell checker Scribus1.5.6.1

Owen owen.cook at gmx.com
Sun Mar 7 01:03:38 UTC 2021

Do a search of your prefs150.xml file and see what you have for "lang"

here is my search.

 .config/scribus/prefs150.xml
			<attribute key="gui_language" value="en_GB"/>

What does yours say?

Alternatively, do as Greg says and blow your Library/Preferences/Scribus away (or rename it if you want to be safe) and restart scribus.

Can you find what environment variable you computer has for LANG, it could have been set wrongly?

Owen