[scribus-dev] new scribus community site

Frank Karlitschek frank at opendesktop.org
Wed May 28 01:26:16 CEST 2008

On Monday 26 May 2008, Petr Vaněk wrote:
> hi Frank,
>
> On po 26. května 2008, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> > So I created www.scribusstuff.org . It is part of the openDesktop.org
> > network. So
> > if you have an account on GNOME-Look.org on any other website you can
> > login.
> >
> > There is also a public api if you want to fetch and integrate the
> > stuff into other websites or Scribus.
> > http://api.scribusstuff.org
>
> I can confirm that my login is working fine ;)
>
> I'm in contact with KDE's knewstuff2 guys. I'd like to get some sort of
> support of their protocol (http://ghns.freedesktop.org/) to scribus some
> day. Am I understand it right that your api is the same?

Yes. I work closely with KDE guys. I'm a long time KDE developer and
contributor. The original GHNS protocol was partly done by me. And I support
this, of course.
The plan is that the REST interface from http://api.scribusstuff.org will be
the next generation API. I plan to add a lot more advanced feature in the
future for advanced Desktop<->Web integration and collaboration. I also plan
to release the specs as an open standard for Web Community and Desktop
interaction. So hopefully a lot of websites and free software project will
support the specs so that an ecosystem of free collaboration will grow.
But this will take me a few more weeks write and develop, of course. :-)
I will keep you informed. :-)

> to all: BTW what about to merge http://www.scribus.net/?q=downloads with
> it?
Sound like a good idea.