[scribus-dev] Scribus e.V.: application form and letterhead

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Sep 18 14:59:20 CEST 2008

> Christoph> [4. application/pdf; letterhead.pdf]...
>
> Hmmpf!
>
> Scribus eV letterhead created by OOo Writer?  Not self-hosted?

No, why should it be? This template is for use with an ODT-compliant word processor. I'd never use a DTP program to write letters.

> Hmmpf!  :-) :-) :-)
>
> Christoph> If someone could send me a PNG created by Inkscape for a
> Christoph> better printing result of the letterhead,
>
> Wouldn't an eps or embeddable pdf be better?

Not for use with a word processor, since many word processors can't handle eps correctly and most of them can't import PDF at all.

> Keeping the art in vector
> form always works best for letterhead and similar.  Especially if you
> want to print up some offset lithographs.

But that's not what it's intended for. This is for use with an office printer. Should we decide to print Scribus stationary one day (which I doubt), we would have to spend more time with the layout, but for a handful of letters each year, I don't think this is necessary.

Anyway, here's a second version with the full Scribus logo (thanks to Greg Pittman). I also had to change the font, as OO.o doesn't seem to like some special characters of Liberation Serif (eg. the ß), so I used Gentium instead. I also added the District Court with which Scribus e.V. will be registered. The number will be added once we have it. This may be important if potential donors want to check whether the organisation as a legal entity actually exists.

Cheers

Christoph