[Scribus] eccentric libraries

Bart Alberti bart
Tue Jul 8 04:58:01 CEST 2003

    Sorry to continue this theme but it raises many issues
Yes, rpm -iU
only uses the existing rpm data base but I did call for
./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LD_FLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib and
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=???
none of this or any combination worked
the basic idea is SuSE 8.1 rejects my upgrade of libxml2-2.4.19 but it
ACCEPTED an rpm itself at www.suse.com
that is, the upgrade to libxml2-2.4.30. What I want is libxml2-2.5.8 (which
I have the tar ball of and have compiled and 'make install.'). That is not
available in the packages for 8.1 and THAT is because libxml =>2.5 needs
GLIBC_2.3.
But I got that, too (17 MB!), and installed it, supposedly. And  I wrote
BOTH in to /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig (as root)
Yes indeed,  this is for ardour not scribus: but I just have installed
freetype2-2.0.9 from the SuSE upgrade / bug fix site as an upgrade rpm and
that FLEW OK.

BART ALBERTI
bart at solozone.com