[Scribus] Re: SCRIBUS crash when INSERTING pages & Fonts

Roberto Dohnert webwarrior
Wed Jul 9 17:35:43 CEST 2003

< After getting to page 11 of my newsletter using SCRIBUS 1.0RC1, when I
go to
insert the next page with any template, or deleting a page, SCRIBUS
turns off
and returns me to my DESKTOP; CRASH... no chance to save or do anything.

This is on Mandrake 9.1.

If I start up an older (which used Scribus 0.97) document, insert and
delete
pages work fine. If I open a NEW document, insert and delete seem to
work.

Tom >

I think this has something to do with Mandrake because my laptop does
the same thing and I have Mandrake 9.1 on it.  But SuSE Linux 8.2 and
Red Hat 9 work fine. A problem with Red Hat 9 is that the fonts and
Scribus interface looks malformed

A problem that I still have on SuSE 8.2 is fonts, Scribus does not pick
up all the fons such as Helvetica, Times New Roman, none of them, this
is with Scribus 1.0 RC1