[Scribus] Which is the "recommend" release?

Sebastian Röder seppelrockt
Tue Oct 14 11:36:48 CEST 2003

Hello,
I' d like to layout our school magazin with scribus. This is my second try and
I had some problems at the first one. I used different releases of scribus
0.9x and finaly scribus 1.0.1. The main problems were the bad text output on
screen and the "crashing-every-5-minutes" behavior of scribus, if I worked on
larger projects (around 34 pages).

Please don`t get me wrong, i don`t want to criticize the developer of scribus.
I just want to find, which release may be the best for me? 1.1.0. brings the
improvements concerning font-rendering but is still a devel release
(unstable?) And what about 1.1.1. ? Is this more stable than 1.1.0 ? The new
features might be nice, but  are not that important for the layout of the
school magazin, though. At the moment, I'd prefer the 1.1.0, because of the
1.1.1. problems when I wan to open older scribus docs. Maybe the most
important feature ( I did`t dealt whith at the moment) is the high quality
pre-press pdf export. This should work fine.

What are your recommendations?
Are there releases planed for the next 2 weeks, which might bring bugfixes and
proper stability ? What about CVS - it is normaly the most unstable thing,
but it`s also a good possibility for fast bugfixes, isn`t it?

Sebastian R?der

(I use SuSE 8.2 / 9.0)