[Scribus] Scribus for Mac platforms.

Plinnell scribusdocs
Sat Nov 13 18:11:19 CET 2004

On Saturday 13 November 2004 15:33, John Culleton wrote:
> Is Scribus available for OS X.?  Is it easy to install or does it require
> compilation skills etc.?
>
> I frequently mention Scribus as a Quark replacement, but AFAIK it only runs
> on Linux.  One of my clients is about to go from Quark to InDesign, and he
> is Mac based.

Please see:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=crossplatform&page=machints1

Many Mac purists will hold their nose because fink is X-11 and not Aqua,
however the applications run quite well. There is also a downloadable app
loader on www.scribus.net, which gives Aqua users drag and drop launching.

My testing with scribus 1.1.5+ on a dual G-4 with 10.3.4 was very very
satisfactory.

Hope that helps,

Peter