[Scribus] user requests...

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon Nov 15 19:37:58 CET 2004

igzebedze a ?crit :
>>>my pupils got questions...
>>>they'd like guide-snapping alredy while drawing objects... that's
>>>somewhat  reasonable...
>>
>>View>Snap to grid
>>View>Snap to guide
>>
>>is what you're looking for.
>

> nope, that works only while dragging objects, and not alredy while drawing
> them.

Understand. Then this is for bug report as a Feature request like you
said at first. ;-)

>>>and one of them wants a feature, he couldn't find in quark either:
>>>to be  able to put first character of a paragraph outside paragraph
>>>border. he  claims, it's a very common book-design... ?
>>
>>As in Quark, use a positive value for "Indent" (Edit>Paragraph
>>Style>New) and a negative value for "First line".
>

> hm... he was picky. he wanted it for the first character and not by the
> mms...

You could also fine tune using the tabs. But it'd be somewhat tricky
unless you use large type size. Also, unless you use a font with a
regular width throughout, you're going to have to adjust each paragraph
to each initial letter (capital I is narrower than capital M, etc.).
Another way to achieve this would require a transparent and no runaround
text frame for the initial letter which you'd position outside the main
text frame... Like a hanging drop cap for instance. It really depends on
what exactly you want to achieve.

HTH. Does it?

;-)

Louis