[Scribus] problems to convert a pdf

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Nov 21 14:55:55 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 19:35, Marcel Spitau wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am using Scribus 1.2 on Suse 9.2 and I want to print some stuff by
> flyerwire.de. The problem is, that flyerwire like to have cmyk-jpegs in 300
> DPI to print them (do not aks me why?!) My Problem is scribus us not able to
> make good jpgs from my scribus file. The export function makes a bad jpg with
> a realy bad display of the fonts. Can I configure somewhere something, that
> this jpeg look god? Or is it just producing a preview?!
>
> Than I tried to use convert to make a jpeg, if the PDF has got NO fonts it
> works fine, but does the PDF do have fonts, I doesn't work at all. I think it
> has something to do with my ghostscript (ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1 (2003-07-12))

Quite likely. I'm sure you'll hate to hear this, but GhostScript 7 is
quite old and there are some really major improvements in GhostScript 8.
Before struggling with tweaks and tricks, it might be a good idea to
download and build the latest GhostScript.

Here's a good starting point:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=dtptoolbox&page=toolbox7

As for the image exports, I really don't know what's going on there.
I've rarely used those features. I'm not even sure they export in CMYK
actually.

--
Craig Ringer