[Scribus] problems to convert a pdf

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Nov 21 15:11:47 CET 2004

On Sunday 21 November 2004 12:35, Marcel Spitau wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am using Scribus 1.2 on Suse 9.2 and I want to print some stuff by
> flyerwire.de. The problem is, that flyerwire like to have cmyk-jpegs in 300
> DPI to print them (do not aks me why?!) My Problem is scribus us not able
> to make good jpgs from my scribus file. The export function makes a bad jpg
> with a realy bad display of the fonts. Can I configure somewhere something,
> that this jpeg look god? Or is it just producing a preview?!
>
> Than I tried to use convert to make a jpeg, if the PDF has got NO fonts it
> works fine, but does the PDF do have fonts, I doesn't work at all. I think
> it has something to do with my ghostscript (ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1
> (2003-07-12))

Forget GS 7.07. Try the newer GPL 8.0x or AFPL 8.15+. They open Scribus PDFs
correctly. FWIW, we test Scribus PDFs aaaallll the time with various
preflight tools and its been ages since there was an issue. We are just
waiting for the various Linux tools to catch up, and we are actively building
support and gathering contact with the various people involved in distros and
development teams themselves.

As for CMYK-JPGs, thats another story, given its origin (AFAIK) in PS itself.

Craig