[Scribus] Paragraph styles by python script

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Nov 26 15:30:12 CET 2004

Wolfgang Pagel wrote:

> The SetStyle() maybe is what I look for.
> But: Where to find a complete list of all scripter commands?
> In the scripter handbook associated with my Scribus 1.2.1cvs there is
> no SetStyle ...

Hmm, that really should be there. Whoops.

As of recently, the most authorative (though not necessarily most
readable) place is the scripter itself. If you run:

import scribus
help(scribus)

from the script console you'll get a listing of the various commands
availible. You can also run 'help(createText)' for example to get
information on that particular function. You can also run 'dir(scribus)'
to get a listing of all command and variable names. Both these commands
work on any Python module or other object, by the way, not just in the
scripter.

That said, it's still desirable to keep the external documentation up to
date, at least until a way is found to automatically generate it in a
nicer format than the HTML output from pydoc (which, while effective, is
... less then pretty).

--
Craig Ringer