[Scribus] redo- Problem with some fonts and PDF

Plinnell scribusdocs
Tue Feb 1 11:34:27 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 05:37, caleb wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to attach file
> Hello,
>     I am enclosing some fonts that I cannot get to work. I hope that
> someone can help me with them.  Also I would like to know how is the PDF
> part coming out. It does not work very well for me.  Please let me know
> if I can help in any way.
>
> Thank  you

Hi,

I tested these fonts and suspect they are broken. When trying to open them
with some font tools, many errors pop up.

Not all fonts are created equal, hence my extensive notes in the docs about
font quality.

See: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=setup&page=fonts2

In this case, the sanity checks in Scribus to prevent broken fonts from being
loaded are working as my current 1.2.2cvs version refuses to load them.

Hope that helps,

Peter