[Scribus] Can style tags be used when importing text?

Howard White scribus
Mon Jul 25 20:13:03 CEST 2005

>It is such a simple and foolproof method (much more reliablethan importing word processor styles) that I'm surprised I cannot findthis facility in Scribus too (especially because Scribus seems to beshort of import filters). Or have I missed something?
>Thanks!
>Peter

In File/Import/Get Text, select your text file, then from the list ofImporters at the bottom, select Text Filter. You will then get a dialogwhich allows you to replace all instances of your word processor tagsto Scribus paragraph style sheets.

There used to be a HowTo on the Scribus Public Wiki, but I can't find it now.

Definitely works in 1.2.2.1 and in 1.3n.

HW