[Scribus] XML-import?

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Sep 6 12:29:31 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Monday 05 September 2005 09:07, Thomas Ahlstr?m wrote:
> Hi
> Anybody that knows if Scribus imports XML?

Not directly. There is a well documented howto for writing text
importers for Scribus. You can also customize text import with
regular expressions and tags.
> If so:
> Can xml-tags become parastyles?
> What about attributes? How are they handled?
> Any info would be appreciated.
> I know that the Scribus files are XML so an alternative would be to
> convert to the Scribus-application with XSLT. Anybody done that?
> /Thomas

Correction: Scribus files are XML-based. A semantic difference, but
true. See: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=111

One thing to keep in mind, the current format exists first and
foremost to serve the needs of Scribus as a graphical page layout
application.

Any secondary usage with external tools is a bonus and honestly not a
high priorty for the devel team at the moment. It will get done
eventually, but other issues have a higher priority.

Hope that helps to clarify things.

Cheers,
Peter