[Scribus] New to the list...

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Sep 6 12:30:03 CEST 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 23:29, Manuel V?zquez Acosta wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Unfortunally, we're currently not able to connect to IRC channels.
> We hope we will be able soon.

Good. It is where a lot of important discussion is held and also some
long time  and experienced users are as well.

> What we are looking for is an overall Scribus Architecture view
> and/or vision (like OpenOffice guys have at
> <http://oooauthors.org/en/authors/developmentprimer/OOo_Architectur
>e>).

As Scribus has grown quickly with a small team, developer docs like
you mentioned have not been done except for those I linked.

> Of course we long to contribute our work and to do it by agreement
> with the Scribus team, in order not to create an individual branch
> of development which wouldn't help the project after all. That's
> why we're looking for some vision - roadmap can help though. So, a
> graphical sketch would help us a lot. But don't worry if there's
> none available at the time, maybe we can help on those areas too.

Help with development documentation would be wonderful. It is simply a
manpower issue with us at the moment.

> Best regards,
> Manuel.

<snip>