[Scribus] trouble compiling CVS 1.3.1 on MacosX

Roberto roberto
Thu Sep 8 14:57:48 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate all of you developers of this
promising nice app.
I'm experiencing troubles trying to compile the cvs version of scribus
on MacOSX 10.4.2.
I did exactly as explained on the cross-platform section of the
Documentation, used fink to download all the libraries required, set the
environment as described, but configure keeps telling me it can't fink
QT, although it is installed under /sw. (i have QT 3.3.4)
The messege is:
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

Where am I doing wrong?

Also, how possible is it to port Scribus QT code to MacosX Cocoa using
Xcode? Sorry if that sounds stupid - i'm no expert in programming -, but
i'm just curious to know if it would be a straightforward process or
totally impossible.

Thank you