[Scribus] trouble compiling CVS 1.3.1 on MacosX

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Sep 8 15:05:13 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 09:57 -0300, Roberto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Firstly, I'd like to congratulate all of you developers of this
> promising nice app.
> I'm experiencing troubles trying to compile the cvs version of scribus
> on MacOSX 10.4.2.
> I did exactly as explained on the cross-platform section of the
> Documentation, used fink to download all the libraries required, set the
> environment as described, but configure keeps telling me it can't fink
> QT, although it is installed under /sw. (i have QT 3.3.4)
> The messege is:
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not
> found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
>
> Where am I doing wrong?

It's hard to say. You might be better off filing a bug on
http://bugs.scribus.net/ and attaching your config.log to the bug.

> Also, how possible is it to port Scribus QT code to MacosX Cocoa using
> Xcode? Sorry if that sounds stupid - i'm no expert in programming -, but
> i'm just curious to know if it would be a straightforward process or
> totally impossible.

There's a port in progress, see http://aqua.scribus.net/ . Qt has X11
and Aqua versions, so much of the work is handled by Qt, but it's still
a tricky job.

--
Craig Ringer