[Scribus] 1.3cvs plugin errors

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Sep 8 21:23:22 CEST 2005

Hi folks

There have been some changes to how plug-ins work in 1.3cvs. The build
system seems to be having a little bit of trouble keeping track of what
needs to get rebuilt, so 1.3cvs users who updated an existing checkout
might see errors like:

cannot find plugin: blah/lib/scribus/plugins//libcolorwheel.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: _ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEv

when running Scribus. If you get these errors, the easiest way to
resolve the problem is to "make clean" then rebuild. If you want to
avoid that, you can cd into the directory for each plugin that reported
a problem, and "make clean", "make", and "sudo make install" it. For
example,

cd scribus/plugins/colorwheel && make clean && make && sudo make install

Sorry for the fuss. I'm going to be trying to figure out why the build
system isn't keeping up so we don't keep on hitting this problem.

--
Craig Ringer