[Scribus] image in the middel of the text

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Sep 14 21:22:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Am 14.09.2005 um 17:17 schrieb E. Boer:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I worked a day with Scribus and I like it. But I have one thing I
>> don't
>> know. On a page I create a textframe from upper-left to bottom-
>> right. I
>> put text into it, no problem sofar. Next I create an imageframe in the
>> middel of the page and activate the option text around frame and
>> stroke
>> the frame with an thickness of 1px. Everything okay, but I want a
>> distance (e.g. 10px) between the text and the stroked imageframe. See
>> below
>
> the best is to make a empty polygon frame around, textflow-around and
> put it behind the image.
> One should write a python script for that...
>
> ciao, tom

In addition to Tom's reply you can try the following:

1) Check "text flows around frame" _and_ "contour line".

2) Click "Edit shape"

3) In the new dialog, check edit contour line.

4) You can now resize the contour line either on a percent basis or
manually. I recommend exploring this powerful tool. You can do a lot of
fascinating things with it.

Cheers,

Christoph